When your dryer needs repairs, it can throw a wrench into your entire routine. If you can’t properly dry laundry such as school uniforms and work clothes, then this can slow you down more than you realize! In order to tell whether your dryer simply needs a repair job or it’s lifespan has come to an end, there will always be a few tell-tale signs. If your dryer has started acting up, it will usually need a repair if:
- Long Drying Times: If your clothes are taking forever to dry, then this means it’s time to call a repairperson. Keep track of the amount of time it takes your clothes to dry under the usual settings. If it takes 10 minutes or more than usual, there may be something that needs to be addressed in terms of repair quickly.
- Drum Won’t Spin: If your dryer has a glass door that allows you to see the inside drum spin as the dryer cycles continues, it’ll be easier to spot when the drum won’t spin. If your dryer’s drum won’t spin, this can mean a broken belt or defective drive motor. Either way, your best bet is to call your local repair company.
- Won’t Start: If your dryer won’t start like usual, this may be connected to something with the door’s sensors. There may be an issue with the door’s wiring as well. A quick call to a repairman should bring a solution to this relatively fast.
- Loud Noises: Any appliance that gives off strange or unusual noises is always in need of a repair consultation, and a dryer is no different. These noises will be easy to tell apart from the usual dryer jargon, such as squealing, grinding, banging, or popping noises.
- Weak or Insufficient Heat: If your dryer is starting up like normal and there are no strange noises, but your clothes are not drying at all, there’s a problem. This may have to do with a heating element within the dryer, so you’ll want to call a repair company as soon as possible to get to the root of the problem.
- Burning Smell: Nothing good is ever going on with an appliance if there’s a burning smell involved. A burning smell within a dryer can mean something wrong with the thermostat or the drive belt has slipped over to a heating element and melted. Either way, you’ll want to get your dryer checked out immediately!
Your dryer is there for you to get fresh warm laundry whenever you need. When your dryer needs repairs, it will show signs like the ones mentioned above. Don’t delay on getting the necessary repairs done for your dryer, as this can worsen damages and leave you without a dryer for way longer than needed. If you are in need of dryer appliance repair in Winchester, Kwik Appliance Repair is the way to go! Once your dryer is back to functioning normally, you’ll be able to get back to your routine without a hitch!